With its 20-year track record, SMC is the training expert in the field of negotiation, mediation and conflict management in Singapore and the region. SMC has conducted workshops in countries such as Fiji, Malta, Jordan, China, Myanmar, the Philippines etc. Our workshops are highly rated. For instance, in one workshop for the Ministry of Education, 100% of participants rated it as either excellent or very good.
Our trainers bring with them the best of both worlds — an Asian sensitivity to cultural nuances in mediation and a background in the Harvard model of interest-based negotiations. They use proven teaching methods and hands-on lessons to liven up the classes. SMC runs workshops for organisations in Singapore weekly.
Strategic Conflict Management for Professionals (Module 1) [SkillsFuture]
Next Course Dates:
29 to 30 May 2017
19 to 20 June 2017
10 to 11 July 2017
23 to 24 August 2017
Registration Fee (Inclusive of GST)
This intensive 2-day workshop offers you an opportunity to better understand the nature of conflicts and learn the latest and most effective techniques to end them. Plus, improve your communication and interpersonal skills. Expect a highly interactive programme via role plays and exercises.
What You Can Expect to Learn
- Key concepts in interest-based conflict management
- A model of mediation: a dynamic process
- Mediator's strategies and approaches
- Powerful tools to communicate effectively
- Techniques to overcoming impasse
Who Should Attend
- C-suite executives, professionals, managers and executives who manage fall-outs between members of their organisation or between them and external parties
- Professionals and executives involved in group problem-solving
- Individuals who want to learn dispute resolution strategies they can apply to diverse situations, advancing their professional skills.
Continuing Professional Development Points (CPD)
The Singapore Institute of Legal Education (SILE) has accredited this workshop as follows:
- CPD points for Lawyers: 12
- Practice Area: Professional Skills
- Training Category: Foundation
Participants who require CPD points should state their Admission as Advocate and Solicitor Number (AAS No.) on the registration form.
For more information on the SILE’s CPD Scheme, visit: www.sileCPDcentre.sg
The Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) has accredited this workshop as follows:
- CPD Credit Hours: 4 CPD Core Hours
For more information on CEA’s CPD Scheme, visit:
SkillsFuture is a national movement to nudge Singaporeans — self-sponsored individuals 25 years and above — towards lifelong learning and growth. People who attend these programmes may apply their $500 SkillsFuture credit (or any part of it) to offset their course fee. For more information, refer to www.skillsfuture.sg.
Attending SCMP Module 1 qualifies all Singapore businesses for tax deductions/allowances. Or, they can opt for cash payouts from the Productivity and Innovation Credit (PIC) Scheme administered by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS), subject to terms and conditions. For more information on the PIC scheme, visit the IRAS website here.
SMC reserves the right to cancel a workshop and to change published details without prior notice.
SMC has revised its Associate Mediator accreditation policy since 1 July 2015. Under the revised policy:
- Participants who complete SCMP Modules 1 and 2, and pass the Mediation Skills Assessment will not be automatically accredited as Associate Mediators on SMC’s Panel of Associate Mediators.
- Participants who pass the Mediation Skills Assessment can, however, have their skills formally recognised by applying to be Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI) Accredited Mediator Level 1. Visit: http://www.simi.org.sg/What-We-Offer/Mediators/SIMI-Credentialing-Scheme.
Participants who completed Module 1 SCMP before 1 July 2015 are not affected by the revised policy.