With its 20-year track record, SMC is the training expert in the field of negotiation, mediation and conflict management in Singapore and the region. SMC has conducted workshops in countries such as Fiji, Malta, Jordan, China, Myanmar, the Philippines etc. Our workshops are highly rated. For instance, in one workshop for the Ministry of Education, 100% of participants rated it as either excellent or very good.
Our trainers bring with them the best of both worlds — an Asian sensitivity to cultural nuances in mediation and a background in the Harvard model of interest-based negotiations. They use proven teaching methods and hands-on lessons to liven up the classes. SMC runs workshops for organisations in Singapore weekly.
Mediation Skills Assessment
Next Course Dates:
18 May 2020
Registration Fee (Inclusive of GST)
The Mediation Skills Assessment (MSA) is specially designed for those who want their mediation skills formally recognised. The MSA consists of:
- Written assignment (Self-reflection)
- Written assessment (1-hour paper)
- Practical assessment (Role-play simulation)
You are eligible to register for MSA after you have completed:
- Participate in Dispute Resolution: Strategic Conflict Management for Professionals (Module 1) (or equivalent), and
- Mediation: Strategic Conflict Management for Professionals (Module 2)
SMC Accredited Mediator
1. Participants who pass the MSA will be allowed to refer to themselves as “SMC Accredited Mediator”. Note however that this does NOT mean that they will be placed on SMC’s Panel of Mediators.
2. Participants who perform exceptionally well during the course and assessment will be invited to appear before a panel for an interview. On clearing the interview, the participants will be invited to join SMC’s Panel of Associate Mediators. Note that participants on SMC’s Panel, are not guaranteed that they will be assigned mediation cases.
Applicants who pass the MSA can also have their skills formally recognised by applying to be Singapore International Mediation Institute Accredited Mediator Level 1.
1. SMC reserves the right to cancel a MSA and to change published details without prior notice. SMC also reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time.